Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Way Late

In November I celebrated the birthdays of my crafty friends Thelma and Octavia. Go figure I’d find 2 friends who birthdays are both in November. So I made them each a glue station and I created bags to present them in.

IMG_2277IMG_2278

Let me give a bit more detail on the bags. I took some graphic 45 paper and changed the color in my computer to Black and white.

IMG_2280 I colored one of the Ladies with Prismacolor Colored pencils and gamsol. The topper is a Cheery Lynn die and a molding magic clay cameo. I got the mold on Esty.

IMG_2283The cameo color was made by adding some distress stain to a small bit of the white. This was easier to do than I thought. I layered the face part in the mold making sure that the clay all stayed in the right places and then layered the pink clay over that filling the rest of the mold. You have to be careful with the last part and not push the pink clay too hard. I popped them out and let them dry. I mounted them on paper clips to ease attaching them and so they could be used again by the recipients and I was done. So much fun.

 

In the Hand of the Creator,

QP

1 comments:

T's Corner for Craftin' said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I was thrilled with my bag, doily and cameo. As a matter of fact, I still have it sitting out. I appreciate all of the crafty gifts you make for me!

Post a Comment

I am honored that you took the time to comment!