Tuesday, November 04, 2008

The Sun Shines On Change



This is the line as my Neighbor Darlene  and I approached our polling place. We arrived at 6:25am only to find that there was no place to park so we went a couple of blocks away and parked in a Kroger's parking lot. The mood was festive, electric with hope. Darlene and I talked about what this election could mean to the youth of our community they may actually see what we have told them all the long: YES WE CAN be anything we dream we can be.

When we arrived dawn had not come
, 
But we stood with many of our neighbors in 35 degree weather to usher in the change of our choice. Darlene was moved to tears as were others. 
I hope you get out and vote! We are making History today. As I type this I am watching Barack cast his vote and OMG.

QP

1 comments:

Sandy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This really was a day to remember in history. The long line of folks was rewarding to see. Hopefully, the apathy that has been plaguing our political elections has come to an end. I finally felt like I had a choice in candidates. I live in a Republican stronghold and so have heard many reasons why McCain was the man. I listened and really tried to give their candidate a fair look. I was still overwhelmingly in support of Obama. By the way, that was a great shot of your neighbor. Let's pray for the health and wisdom for our new president-elect.

Post a Comment

I am honored that you took the time to comment!